Base cost for 1 person €295 without any additional participant
2 to 5 Participants €50 per additional participant
6 to 10 Participants €45 per additional participant
11+ Participants €40 per additional participant
About the Course
This course is designed to ensure compliance with the GDPR requirement that “awareness raising and training of staff involved in the processing operations” is provided to all staff members. This will also provide the General Practice with evidence of training which is required to both demonstrate compliance with the GPDR and if your General Practice suffered a data breach.
The Level 1 course will cover relevant areas of the data protection legislation and it aims to provide the participants with a comprehensive understanding of data protection.
The course does not need to be completed in one sitting, the course participants can dictate the pace of the course.
The course consists of 4 modules of video presentations with each module containing 2 knowledge tests. There will be one knowledge test halfway through and one at the end of each module. An 80% pass rate needs to be achieved in each knowledge test, before you will be permitted to proceed to the next module. A Certificate of Completion will be supplied to each participant on completion of the course.
The 5th module will be a multiple-choice knowledge test consisting of 20 questions. An 80% pass rate needs to be achieved to receive A Certificate of Achievement.
Module 1 – Data Protection
· What is data protection?
· Irish data protection legislation.
· The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
· GDPR definitions
· Processing personal data in compliance with the GDPR Principles.
· Staff obligations not to disclose personal data without authority.
Module 2 – Data Subject Rights
· Data Subject rights.
· The right to be informed.
· The right of access – Subject access requests.
Module 3 - Data Breaches
· What is a data breach?
· Examples of data breaches.
· Points to note regarding data breaches.
· Staff obligations & responsibilities regarding notification of a data breach.
· Data breach prevention.
Module 4 – Cyber Security
· What is cybersecurity?
· What is a cyberattack?
· Protecting against a cyberattack
· Types of cyber threats you as an employee could be exposed to.
· Types of phishing emails to be mindful of.
· Steps to consider before clicking or sharing data.
· Cybersecurity incident notification.
About the Instructor